Yes, yes it’s soup again! I swear I cook other things besides soup. It’s just been so rainy, that an easy, one pot soup just keeps hitting the spot. Plus, this recipe has cheese and bacon. Need I say more? This pot did not last long, and is hearty, warm, and delicious.
– 2 chopped carrots
– ½ chopped onion
– 1 chopped celery stalk
– 4 cups chopped potatoes
– 6 cups water
– 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
– ½ cup cream cheese
– ½ cup sour cream
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – more for garnish
– 5 slices crumbled cooked bacon – more of garnish
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the water, carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil. Boil until the vegetables are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
2. Add the milk, soup, cream cheese, and sour cream, and bring the mixture back to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer. Slowing stir in the cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve. Garnish with shredded cheese and bacon crumbles. Then serve and enjoy!