Check out Parts 1 and 2 here:
You know you are getting old when. . .
- You attend your first parent/teacher conference, as the parent or the teacher.
- You eat out at non-peak times to avoid the crowds.
- You celebrate busy holidays like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or Father’s Day a day early to avoid the crowds.
- Or you just get take out.
- You go to a music festival early in the day instead of seeing the headliners later so you can take the kids and/or beat the heat.
- You don’t get bag checked as you enter said music festival.
- At first it offends you that security didn’t bother checking your bags because it makes you feel old. But it is a diaper bag, and now you don’t have to juggle the kids and the stuff you are carrying to get through the bag check. So now you are appreciative.
- The social functions you start to see your friends at most are weddings or baby showers.
- Movies you don’t think came out that long ago start having special (insert big anniversary number here) releases.
Do you have any moments to add to the list?