Bookmark this recipe for any time you want a quick lunch or light dinner. It is a perfect warmer weather meal with a twist on an old favorite. We used leftover chicken from a roasted chicken we had the night before. Using leftover rotisserie, grilled, or canned chicken would work too. You can also use guacamole in place of avocado for another variation. Serve on toast, as a sandwich, with crackers, on a bed of lettuce, or eat it by itself.
Avocado Chicken Salad
– 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
– 2 whole avocados
– 1 carrot shredded
– 1 stalk celery chopped
– 1/4 cup chopped red onion
– Salt and pepper
1. In a medium mixing bowl using the back of a spoon, smash the avocados.
2. Mix in the chicken, carrot, celery, and onion coating it all with avocado.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!