Do you need a new brunch dish or kid-friendly breakfast that you’ll enjoy too? How about these babies, cinnamon apple banana pancakes. They are easy, yummy, and you can dress them up a ton of different ways. I think it would be fun to make these pancakes for a group and have all sorts of the different toppings laid out for people to build them however they want: sliced apples, sliced bananas, powdered sugar, whip cream, maple syrup, chopped nuts. You know, kind of like waffles but with fruity pancakes instead.
So I’m going to make a confession here. I actually suck at making pancakes. I make them too thick so the center won’t get cooked before the outside gets burned, or I destroy them in the flipping process. Until recently my husband has been the pancake maker of the house. But you know what I discovered? If I make smaller pancakes, I don’t screw them up! So in the recipe, I call for using 2 Tbsp of mix per pancake. If you are like a witch who has pancake powers though and can cook large fluffy pancakes perfectly, feel free to use 1/4 of a cup instead.
Cinnamon Apple Banana Pancakes
– 1 ripe banana. You can save a few slices for garnish.
– 1 medium apple diced. You can save a few slices for garnish.
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 cup milk
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– For toppings: Use any combo of thinly sliced apples, thinly sliced bananas, powdered sugar, whip cream, maple syrup, chopped nuts
1. In a large mixing bowl using the back of a large spoon mash the banana and diced apple pieces.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with nonstick spray.
4. Drop 2 Tbsp of pancake mix for each pancake in the skillet. When the pancakes start to bubble and the edges are beginning to set, takes about 2 minutes, flip the pancakes and cook until the other side is golden brown.
5. Finish with desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!