I saw a broccoli salad recipe on a Facebook food group about a year ago. It inspired and morphed into my own version. How colorful and pretty is this? It seems like there’s a lot going on here, but somehow it all works really well together. It’s a perfect summer side or pot luck dish. It even gets my kids to eat broccoli. So you know this recipe is a keeper!
– 1 head of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces with the stalk removed
– 4-5 pieces of cooked bacon crumbled
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded or small cubes
– 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
– ¼ cup chopped green onion or red onion
– 2 Tbsp chopped cashews
– 3/4 cup mayo
– 1 Tbsp vinegar
– 1 Tbsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Chill for at least two hours, but it tastes better if you are able to let it chill overnight.
3. Serve and enjoy!