Well folks, it’s raining hard here today, AND it’s Friday. That means you should go ahead and treat yourself by making a pot of tortellini soup. This is a no fuss, can’t go wrong, will fill you up type of soup. We are soup eaters at my house, and as soup eaters this may just be our favorite. It’s really got everything you could ever want, cheese, veggies, carbs. Speaking of carbs, how great would it be to have a bowl of this with a big piece of crusty bread for dipping?
– 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
– 1 chopped celery stalk
– 1 chopped carrot
– 1/2 chopped onion
– 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
– 1 minced clove of garlic
– 1 package prepared tortellini
– 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional)
1. Add olive oil to large pan over medium heat. When the oil is heated add the chopped vegetables minced garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the stock and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Then add the tortellini and finish cooking time according to the package.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan for garnish. Enjoy!