Some random things I think but don’t say.
- Not about anybody in particular and not all the time, but sometimes I’m a lousy listener. I mean lousy.
- I know kids need to get to school, but I cannot stand getting stuck behind a school bus.
- Social media is a neat platform to keep in touch and exchange ideas, but I’m tired of reading about everyone’s political opinions. I mean I still want to like people.
- I’ll buy anything a kid is selling for school if the kid asks me and not the parent.
- I am discovering I am extremely awkward around other parents in parent situations. The more I tell myself to not be awkward the more awkward I become.
- I’m not an Oprah fan. I thought this wouldn’t be as big of a deal now that her talk show is off, not any that are now on her network. Then I commented on a random Facebook shared article about her and received the wrath of many of her faithful fans. Even though I don’t exactly remember the comment, it couldn’t have been too bad. I’m not into trolling. I know she’s kind of beloved or whatever, but that whole thing with David Letterman showed she can’t laugh at herself. I respect people more when they can laugh at themselves. Plus, to me, she comes across as a know it all. And actually I did say this during one of my book club meet ups recently. It’s a tad ironic since Oprah had a book club too, but ours is better. We laugh at ourselves all the time.
- I’m not into gender reveal or engagement parties. I know both are popular and to each their own, of course. I see them as the pre pre party parties. For both these occasions there will be other festivities prior to celebrating the main event, like shower(s) and bachelor/bachelorette party. I’m unsure of the etiquette. Do you bring gifts? Also both times we found out the genders of our babies it was more emotional than I expected. I’m glad it was a private moment between my husband and myself.
- I want to like pomegranate and kale because they are super foods, but I don’t.