I have 4 siblings, 3 sisters and a 1 brother. Growing up in such a female dominated house I was not well versed in the way of boys. Sure, I knew about some boy stuff from my brother, but we are 14 months apart. So I didn’t grow up changing his diapers or anything. Since my first born is a boy I’ve had a lot to learn, like about peeing for example. I didn’t realize there are so many options aside from, you know, the toilet for places to pee. I am sure there are some places I am forgetting and some more that he will try out in the future. For now though here is a list of the places my 4 year old son has peed so far.
- On Me – Any mom can tell you that getting peed on is not crazy or out of the ordinary. Heck sometimes I don’t feel like my day is complete unless I’ve been peed on. I was not expecting it though when I thought I was taking a relaxing bath behind a locked door and opened my eyes to find my son standing there peeing into the tub I was soaking in.
- In the washing machine – About a year ago and a half ago he went through this insane ninja climbing phase. We could not turn away for more than a few seconds without him constructing some vertical obstacle course to get to the top of any and all furniture. This also coincided with him really getting the hang of potty training. Put the two together, and what do you get? A little boy determined to climb into the washing machine to pee. He succeeded a time or two. We had lots of talks that went something like, “It must be exciting to learn to pee without a diaper. We are proud of you, but really we need you to only use the toilet.”
- In the backyard – The location isn’t terrible necessarily, but this is where he seems to try to work on different techniques. Picture something kind of like the dance move “the sprinkler.”
- From the ladder of the above ground pool – My sisters, nieces, and nephews came over to swim. As we were all getting out of the pool my son stopped at the top of the ladder, pulled down his trunks, and peed on the lawn with no shame in front of everyone.
- Through the doggy door – He’s tried a few times while inside to pee outside by way of the doggy door. Maybe the kid deserves credit for creativity. He has been working on reading short sentences. So I thought this may get my point across to him.
Please tell me I’m not alone here. Where has your son peed or tried to pee?