We had a really great weekend. I am going to admit that Friday night we binged watch season 2 of Fuller House and laughed more than I thought possible. Saturday was full of cooking and catching up on laundry and house stuff. Sunday though, Sunday we saw some action.
The kids and I went to church for the first time in several weeks due to sickness. I left beaming with freakin pride. Nobody had any meltdowns, including me.If you’ve checked out 5 things my son who hates going to church has done, you’ll know this was a sweet, sweet Sunday morning victory. Cherry on top? Both kids sat at the table and ate breakfast AND lunch without complaints.
I should have stopped there. Since we hadn’t been out of the house all weekend though and I had tickets to the National Cowboy Museum expiring at the end of them month, I pushed my luck. My mom and I loaded up the kids and went. We did have a very fun filled afternoon.
It’s been getting cold here, but Sunday was randomly 65 degrees. So I suggested we go check out the statutes on the grounds outside. After asking my son 3 times to steps away from the landscaped stream and carry him away once, he slipped and fell in.
A few things to add:
1) yes it was 65 today but the previous days’ highs had been in the 40s.
2) I have been on the verge of having a semi nervous breakdown thinking everyone in my house is deaf because surely there is no way one person cannot be listened to this often.
3) The stream was a few inches tall.
4) As I type this I realize this is an issue my son and I need to work on. I wrote about a similar thing happening about a month ago in a post Here’s how this weekend went. The kid loves and gravitates towards water. I need to just avoid it all together no matter how small.
5) Since my daughter hasn’t started potty training yet, just a few weeks ago I stopped carrying changes of clothes for them in a diaper bag and put a diaper and wipes in my purse.
So I cuss. We speed through the museum back to the parking lot. It’s December. My son is in soaking wet clothes, and I have just stopped toting around spare clothes. Disaster! But at church that morning one of the other moms had given me a bag of clothes for my daughter that I had put in the trunk. I kid you not there was a pair of feet-y, fuzzy PJs that fit him, socks we put on his hands, and a TOWEL! What are the odds?
I mean, there are so many lessons happening here that I’m still digesting them all. How was your weekend?