This is my new favorite weekday lunch. It’s easy to prep and shaking up a plain ole’ salad. If you meal prep, this would be a perfect addition to your rotation. Plus, if you want to get really crazy with it, you can add some Homemade Croutons.
I take my lunch in a bento box, which keeps all the ingredients separate. That way nothing gets soggy. Everything is still crisp and fresh come lunch time. Then I top the salad with the shredded buffalo chicken and dressing. I used store bought blue cheese dressing. You can also use blue cheese crumbles and toss the salad with the buffalo chicken, making the buffalo sauce the dressing.
Salad with Shredded Buffalo Chicken
Ingredients for the Chicken
– 4 boneless chicken breasts
– 2/3 cup hot sauce
– 1/3 cup unsalted butter
– 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– dash of cayenne pepper
– dash salt and pepper
– 1 tsp white vinegar
– 2 minced garlic cloves
– 2 TBS flour
Ingredients for the Salad
– 1 mixed bag of fresh spring greens
– 1 cucumber sliced
– 1 large carrot grated
– 2 celery stocks sliced
– I used store bought blue cheese dressing. You can also use blue cheese crumbles and toss the salad with the buffalo chicken, making the buffalo sauce the dressing.
1. In a small bowl mix hot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne , salt and pepper, and garlic. Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Pour hot sauce mixture over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours or until cooked through.
2. Remove the chicken. Whisk flour into sauce in the crock pot.
3. Shred the chick with a knife and fork. Stir shredded chicken into sauce.
4. Prepare the salad by topping the lettuce with the cucumber, carrot, and celery, and blue cheese crumbles if you have them.
5. Serve with dressing on the side or toss salad with chicken mixture. Enjoy!