Did you know that April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Day?! Celebrate by trying one of these grown up grilled cheese tips or one of the recipes listed below. (Even though these tips and recipes will elevate your grilled cheese game, your kiddos will still probably like it too.)
Tips for turning a grilled cheese sandwich into being worthy of a grownup meal:
- Use good quality bread. I like using slices of French or Italian breads.
- Don’t waste the heels! Turn them inside out to make your grilled cheese.
- Add spreads to the inside like pesto or olive tapenade.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on the outside buttered part of the bread. DON’T do this if you are also adding a spread though. It gets too salty!
- Have leftovers? Transform them by throwing those onto your grilled cheese. Yes, this is probably considered more of a melt, but I am going to claim it for Grilled Cheese Day. Think about using leftover grilled or roasted veggies, sliced roast, lunch meats, BACON. The possibilities are endless!
- This one is kind of obvious, but play around with the cheese(s). Havarti is delish and melts so well.
Grownup Grilled Cheese Recipes to Try!