Happy National Grilled Cheese Day! Celebrate with trying one of these grown up grilled cheese tips or one of the recipes listed below.
Tips for turning a grilled cheese sandwich into being worthy of a grownup meal:
- Use good quality bread. I like using slices of French or Italian breads.
- Don’t waste the heels! Turn them inside out to make your grilled cheese.
- Add spreads to the inside like pesto or olive tapenade.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on the outside buttered part of the bread. DON’T do this if you are also adding a spread though. It gets too salty!
- Have leftovers? Transform them by throwing those onto your grilled cheese. Yes, this is probably considered more of a melt, but I am going to claim it for Grilled Cheese Day. Think about using leftover grilled or roasted veggies, sliced roast, lunch meats, BACON. The possibilities are endless!
- This one is kind of obvious, but play around with the cheese(s) you use. Havarti is a nice change and melts so well.
- These tips will elevate the sandwich for you, but your kiddo will still probably like it too.
Grownup Grilled Cheese Recipes to Try!