I’ve made this butter before and loved it. This time though was different. This time I had garlic and chives from our little garden to make it with. Our garlic bulbs were little, but we were still excited to have grown them!
I keep the finished product in the fridge and use on baked potatoes, to make garlic bread with, and to saute veggies in. It does not last long at our house!
Garlic Chive Butter
– 2 cups softened butter. (I use salted butter. You can you unsalted but will have to add salt to taste.)
– 2 large heads of garlic or 4-6 smaller heads
– 1/4 cup chopped chives
– Olive oil for drizzling
Directions to roasting the garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Cut the tops off of the heads of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap garlic heads in foil.
3. Bake about 30 or until bulbs are soft.
4. Using the back of a fork smash the garlic head to separate the skin.
Directions to make the butter
5. In a medium mixing bowl combine the roasted garlic, chives, and butter.
6. Cover and store in refrigerator