This pregnancy has messed with my appetite so much that my recipe posts have become pretty much nonexistent. But don’t fear! I am here to finally share one, an easy summer meal.
For awhile my husband and I were on the search for the perfect Italian sub. Seems easy right? Wrong. After ordering out we were always left thinking it was “just okay”.
God bless Aldi though. One day while shopping there I realized they had all the ingredients to make our own subs at home. And you know what? It turned out to be exactly what we had been looking for. These are delicious. The bonuses are these are also easy, quick, and can be multiplied with zero effort to feed a crowd if you need to.
Italian Subs at Home
– 1 loaf of crusty bread
– 3 oz sliced provolone cheese
– 3 oz sliced pepperoni
– 3 oz sliced capicola
– 2 oz sliced salami
– 1 Italian seasoning dressing packet made according to the packet instructions
– Mustard and/or mayo. (Yes I use a little of both even with the Italian dressing.)
– Sliced or chopped veggie toppings. I like to use lettuce, tomato, onion, and olives
1. Heat oven (or toaster oven in the summer) to 350.
2. Drizzle the inside of the loaf of bread with Italian dressing. Then layer the meats and top with the cheese.
3. Cook for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is warmed.
4. Finish with adding mustard, mayo, and vegetable toppings. Serve and enjoy!