I hope everyone had a great week. Thanks for checking out my weekly series, Week in Review, posted every Friday. Enjoy a recap of how the week went down, and tell me about yours.
1) What’s gotten my attention this week?
The midterm elections. Oklahoma’s results were disheartening. Leading up to the election it felt like there was so much support for change brought on by the teacher walkout earlier this year. There were some victories but small in comparison to what I was expecting to see.
- I am not upset because a republican is going to be governor again. I would have been happy with Mick Cornett. I am upset that the republican who did win, Kevin Stitt, had previously never even voted in a gubernatorial election. I get the idea of wanting an outside candidate, but that’s like picking a professional baker to coach a professional sports team. It’s a stretch.
- Glen Mulready who is the next insurance commissioner opposes insurance to cover autism related services for children.
- Have you ever heard people say, “How is the school broke when they have such a nice facility?” Well state question 801 would have allowed funds that are currently restricted for building use to be applied towards much need operational purposes. This would not have raised any taxes or cost anyone more money. It was simply allowing funds to be reallocated. This was voted down.
I don’t identify and back one party 100%. I vote by issue and candidate. Maybe there was a lot of straight party voting. I don’t know. I feel less and less that I belong here. I wonder if families are going to start to follow our teachers to Texas and other surrounding states.
2) What post should you check out?
Pregnant Wife’s ER Visit for Husband with “Man Flu” . Cold and flu season is upon us. I’m not saying it’s because of every man or my husband even, but there is a reason the term “man flu” exists.
3) What’s been going on this week?
I think we had our last pretty days of fall this week, and it’s going to be cold from here on. But man were those last few days perfect. I even took a rare lunch break out of the office, sat on a patio, and read a magazine. I sure miss being at home with the baby, but that hour was nice. And so was this Reuben.
We got the kids’ school pictures back. This is my daughter’s first time having them made, They could not be more adorable.
My poor son though. Guys I was in the thick of survival new born mode on picture day, but I know we brushed his hair! He has since gotten a really amazing haircut. . .
And here’s a picture of the baby just because it will make your day better.
4) What’s going on this weekend?
A spa visit. What?! Yep through a Facebook giveaway I won a little spa package and am redeeming it this weekend. Being at work this week has been much easier than last but still an adjustment. I feel like a massage just may change the course of my life.
5) Did you miss this post?
White Bean Chicken Chili. A recipe you need for the upcoming cold days.
6) What did my kids create?
Did you know Home Depot has free workshops? And once a month they have one for kids? Kids get to participate in the workshop, get an apron, and get a pin for each workshop to put on their apron. So went and made helicopters and will for sure be back. The kids loved it and have been playing with the fruits of their labor all week.
Thanks for reading. How was your week? What are you up to this weekend?