It’s November, and we’ve already had our first snow. That might not seem crazy to some, but here in Oklahoma it was a bit early. So of course we have started to fill our pots with chili, stews, and soups.
This beef and vegetable soup has been a perfect quick dump dish for our cold weather days. It’s coziness in a bowl really. The meat and veggies create a nice broth on their own. Adding a little garlic, tomato sauce, and seasoning easily elevates it.
I used fresh vegetables. If you use canned instead wait until the meat is finished cooking and add those at the end. Also, if you aren’t sold on an Instant Pot yet this would work in the crock pot on high for about 4 hours.
Instant Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup
– 1 lb hamburger meat
– 1 cup chopped each green beans, onions, carrots, potatoes, corn, spinach
– 1 cup tomato sauce
– 1 Tbls minced garlic
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp pepper
– 1 tsp Italian seasoning
– 8 cups of water
1. Add all ingredients except for spinach to the pot.
2. Select Manual setting for 12 minutes. Quick release when finished.
3. Add spinach. With a spatula break apart the hamburger meat.
4. Stir and adjust seasoning as desired.
4. I like to top with a little bit of grated Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!