I know it’s still blazing hot out guys. I’m jonesing for fall though and bet you are too. So make this now or pin it for later. Either way, keep this chili recipe. It’s easy, delicious, and all homemade.
Easy Homemade Chili
– 1-2 lbs ground meat. Sometimes I do a combination of hamburger/sausage/turkey/buffalo, whatever I have on hand.
– 2 cups cooked kidney beans or lentils
– 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
– 1 small onion chopped
– 3 cloves garlic minced
– 1 Tbsp chili powder
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1 dash cayenne pepper
1. In a small bowl mix chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large pot over medium heat add the meat, onion, and garlic. Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through.
3. Add the can of tomatoes, beans or lentils, and the seasoning mixture to the pot. Mix all ingredients. Then bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Serve in individual bowls adding the desired topping, sour cream, Fritos, tortilla chips, diced onion, and/or shredded cheese. Enjoy!