Friends! Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! Cooler weather is finally upon us!
If you are looking for a comfort meal in one pan, look no further. It’s creamy, warm, and even has some veggies thrown in. I can just picture you curled up with a bowl of this Chicken and Biscuits Casserole watching a scary movie under a flannel blanket.
The hubs is gluten intolerant. So when I make this recipe I use a gluten-free baking mix from Aldi for the biscuits. You can easily sub this step with canned biscuits, a recipe from another baking mix like Bisquick, or your own drop biscuit recipe.
Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
– 4 Tbls butter
– 1/2 cup sliced carrots
– 1/2 cup chopped onions
– 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
– 1/2 cup of peas
– 2 Tbls flour
– 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk
– 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
– 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
For the biscuits
– 2 1/4 cups baking mix (Like Bisquick)
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease an 8×10 pan.
2. In a medium-sized pan over medium heat melt 4 Tbls of butter. Add the chopped veggies. Stirring occasionally, cook until the onions are translucent and carrots are slightly tender. Then add the chicken, salt, and pepper.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir. Gradually pour in a cup of milk. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and stir for 1 minute.
4. The mixture will begin to thicken. If it is too think, add more milk. If it is too think, slowly stir in more flour a teaspoon at a time.
5. Pour the mixture in the 8×10 pan and set aside.
6. In a medium mixing bowl combine the three ingredients to make the biscuits: baking mix, milk, and cheese.
7. Using a large spoon, drop the biscuit dough evenly over the chicken mixture.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuits are browned and cooked through. Serve and enjoy!