I hope everyone had a great week. Thanks for checking out my weekly series posted every Friday, Week in Review. Enjoy a recap of how the week went down, and tell me about yours.
1) What’s gotten my attention this week?
Fade Away Sleep Sounds. If you read my Year in Review, you’ll know that my biggest struggle of 2019 was feeling foggy-brained from lack of sleep. I successfully weaned my 15-month-old over the holidays, which has helped us both get more sleep overnight. After 2 weeks though, she was still having a hard time getting to sleep. So I decided to give Fade Away Sleep Sounds a try. Before this, I had zero experience with using white noise for baby sleep aid. After using the baby sleep sounds for a week, here is what I have discovered.
- I am a dummy for not trying this sooner.
- I thought using white noise required a special machine. We live in a digital age. Of course, I don’t need a special sound machine. I can play the noises from my phone or computer.
- When I start playing a sound, within minutes there is an eye rub and/or yawn from my daughter. Even if she doesn’t fall asleep right away, it calms her down and gets her ready for bed.
- The sounds had a calming effect on me too, which I wasn’t really expecting to experience.
- If you are having any sleep issues with your baby, this is something easy to try. Ocean Roaring was the most effective for us.
2) What post should you check out?
Kind Hearted Challenge on Cranny’s Cove. Each month Cranny posts a kind-hearted challenge for readers to participate in. The tasks are easy but thoughtful, designed to bring happiness into the everyday lives of those around us. The link is to the first challenge. I can think of no better way to start the new year than to highlight this post and participate. I hope you do too.
3) What’s been going on this week?
Blah. It’s the first week back from winter break, and the whole house is having a hard time. Work has been busy. A round of strep made its way through the kids. A TON of makeup work was sent home for my 1st grader to catch up on. I was not expecting that. It’s just been a week of adjustment. We’ll be back on track soon.
4) What’s going on this weekend?
My Birthday. My birthday is Saturday, and there already seems to be an unintentional theme, books. I’m 100% okay with it. I got a foot massager and The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook in the mail from my sister. She knows me well, obviously. The hubs got me a new Kindle with Kindle Unlimited for all the ebooks my heart desires. One of my bestest friends got us tickets to an author event next week.
Then on the day of, we are supposed to have a birthday brunch if the stupid weather doesn’t ruin it. I am also leaning towards renting the Downton Abbey movie since I missed it in theaters. I will be 37. So yeah, my celebration is fitting. I actually don’t mind getting older one bit. You can read why in A Breakup Letter To My 20s.
5) Did you miss this post?
3rd Annual Birthday/Blog Anniversary Meet and Greet! Come share your favorite post from 2019, and check out what other bloggers have left. It’s an easy gift to me that will be fun for you too. And a great, big thank you to those that have already participated.
6) What did my kids create?
Barbie dresses. This is actually from New Year’s Eve, but I thought it was too cute not to share. My daughter drew, cut out, and taped party dresses she designed for her Barbie dolls to wear to our board game night on New Year’s Eve.
Thanks for reading. How was your week? What are you up to this weekend?