Yep, it’s true. I’m not one who jumped on the kale bandwagon. I like it cooked down in soups; otherwise, it’s too tough. But wait! Then enters this Kale and Quinoa Salad that I threw together because it’s what we had in the kitchen to work with. I’ve made it a couple of times now. We liked it so well at my house that it will be added to our family’s recipe rotation.
Chopping the kale small and then letting it sit in the dressing, which it can more than hold up to, keeps you from having to chew every single bit for 10 minutes. You can make a big bowl to have as a side item for a few lunches or dinners in a row. You can also top it with a salmon fillet or grilled shrimp to make a complete meal.
Kale and Quinoa Salad
Ingredients for the salad
– 6 cups chopped kale, stems removed
– 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
– 1/2 cup each chopped cucumber, tomatoes, carrots
– 1/4 cup chopped green onion
Ingredients for the dressing
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 2 TBSP dijon mustard
– 2 TBSP honey
– 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1. Place all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
2. Pour all dressing ingredients in an airtight container and shake until thoroughly mixed.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss, making sure the entire salad is coated.
4. Refrigerate for an hour. Serve and enjoy!